Feather Flag Guide
Fluttering, Flapping, Feathering, Swooping, Bowing, Sailing, Dancing…What’s the deal with these tall message flags?
Looking for an exciting and stylish way to advertise your place of business or unique product? All Star Flags currently offers a wide range of stock feather message flags and can also create custom feather flag designs featuring your company’s logos and artwork. Feather flags are extremely visible marketing products that are used across a wide variety of industries to help get YOU noticed.
-Are you a small specialty retailer in a strip mall? Placing a feather flag advertising your business out front can dramatically increase your traffic.
-Are you a real estate agent with a stagnant development not generating traffic? Feather flags can offer unparalleled exposure for your homes.
-Automotive, Banking, Specialty, Quick Serve, C-Stores, Special Events, Youth Sports Teams and many others all use feather flags to generate awareness and communicate special messages and offers.
“But I have no idea how to buy a feather flag for my business. I don’t even know what to call them because they seem to have so many names. How do I know what to ask for?”
You’re right. Feather flags are called countless different names and it’s difficult to keep them all straight. But that is where All Star Flags comes in and helps you make sense of it all and narrow in on the solution that is right for YOU.
|*Feather Flags||*Sail Flags||*Advertising Flags|
|*Flutter Flags||*Swooper Flags||*Tall Flags|
|*Blade Flags||*Teardrop Flags||*Waving Flags|
|*Bow Flags||*Quill Flags||*Feather Dancer Flags|
While these tall narrow flag designs are generally referred to as “feather flags,” they are often categorized under several different names such as flutter flags or swooper flags. These are all terms that describe the same general feather flag design. All Star Flags offers all of our stock and custom feather flags in five different shapes/designs: the standard “Feather” flag, the “Blade”, the “Quill,” the “Teardrop,” and the “Feather Dancer.” Each design remains legible in even the lightest of breezes while the “Teardrop,” “Blade” and “Quill” designs stay open even without wind!
• Feather Flags – Tall and slender flags that have a straight left edge with a flowing, contoured outer edge to maximize movement in the lightest of breeze and generate attention. Feather flags have a pole sleeve on the straight side that is sewn closed at the top. The pole on a feather flag is vertical and does not have a bend at the top. A variety of pole options are available.
• Quill Flags – Tall and narrow flags that have a contoured top that keeps the message open even without wind. They have straight left and right edges with the rounded top and angled bottom. The quill flags require the quill flag hardware set to help create the shape of the flag.
• Teardrop Flags – A more fully rounded top helps distinguish these flags from the other feather shapes. The teardrops come to a point at the bottom and expand with a wide and rounded message area. The teardrop flags require the teardrop hardware set to help create the shape of the flag.
• Blade Flags – Blade flags are shaped nearly identical to Quill Flags but feature a slightly different hardware set that is more durable.
• Feather Dancer Flags – Tall flags with a widened bottom. They have a straight left edge and a flowing, contoured outer edge that flies gently in the lightest of breezes. The Feather Dancer Flags are unique in that they also have dancing streamer attachments that come with the sets to add extra movement and visibility to the flag.
Our feather flags are made to last. They are made out of the same heavy duty, high quality nylon fabric as our American flags. Although they are built for outdoor use, they should still be brought inside during high winds or extreme temperature changes. The flags are finished with quality stitching and our 4C process printing capabilities are second to none.
The hardware for the line of Feather Flags from All Star Flags is of the highest quality. Each style requires different hardware but all the styles feature durable fiberglass poles and ground mounting options.
• Feather Flags – A 12-15’ vertical fiberglass pole is recommended. These poles can either be installed into a ground sleeve with cement (for a more permanent installation) or used in a sleeve with a ground spike adapter (for times when portability is more important). The feather flag style will also work with many existing or homemade poles provided that the pole diameter is less than 1.5”.
• Quill Flags – Quill flags come with a 15’ sectional fiberglass pole, tether cord and fiberglass ground spike.
• Teardrop Flags – Teardrop flags require a sectional fiberglass pole that has a rounded metal tip to prevent it from cutting through the fabric. The hardware also includes a tether line to secure the flag under tension to the pole and a ground spike with rotating ball bearings that allow the flag to spin freely in any direction.
• Blade Flags – Blade flags require a sectional fiberglass pole that has a rounded metal tip to prevent it from cutting through the fabric. The hardware also includes a tether line to secure the flag under tension to the pole and a ground spike with rotating ball bearings that allow the flag to spin freely in any direction.
• Feather Dancer Flags – Feather Dancer flags require a 13’ vertical fiberglass pole. The hardware features a rounded metal tip to prevent it from cutting through the fabric. The set comes with a PVC ground spike, tethering cord and the dancing streamers and zip tie attachment.
Feather flags are extremely effective marketing tools that help generate awareness and attention for your business or event. Contact one of our representatives to discuss how we can customize any of our styles and work with you on a product solution that best meets your needs.
For more information feel free to call us at 800-868-3524 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
By Chad Creech, All Star Flags